Saturday, March 8, 2014

BeeYOUtiful

I am the Faith in God (Activity Days) leader in our ward. I love it. I love the girls, I love their excitement, and I love the blooming testimonies they are developing and already have. These girls are wise beyond their years (8-11 years old). I learn from them and I hope they are learning from me. Tween's (as society says) are at a very crucial and influential age. They are making decisions that could really effect the rest of their lives. I hope as they attend Activity Days they will know: 1 "I am a daughter of God, he created me and has a purpose for me.(Love yourself), 2 Everyone I meet is also a Child of God and I should treat them with kindness and love (Love others) 3 My Heavenly Father loves me (And I love him). I decided it was time to do an activity that hits those 3 things. We have a young married sister in our ward that is beautiful. The first time I met her she stood out to me as someone who knew where she was going. I got to know a little about her and she is equally as beautiful on the inside. She is currently serving on as queen on a royalty at the local University. So after a lot of thought and prayer I decided she was the one I wanted to speak to the girls. She accepted and went right to work on her talk. I was so excited when she sent me a link of ideas and I began to love her even more! It made me so happy to know as she was preparing her presentation she was helping me with ideas (see she is amazing). Here is the link she sent me:   http://ldsactivitydayideas.blogspot.com/2013/03/what-makes-you-beautiful-activity.html?m=1
I LOVED this what a great idea to incorporate the 13th article of faith into it. (The girls need to memorize all 13 articles of faith to earn the Faith in God award, so we might as well dive into the longest one). The girls LOVED this activity. We began with our special guest speaker and she gave the girls such valuable information about how they are daughters of God and should love and take care of themselves, but also love and be kind to those around them. She taught them what beautiful meant and how important it is to love yourself and not be ashamed to say it (confidence not cocky). She was the perfect speaker for this and I was grateful the Lord allowed me to see she was the right resource. Next the girls made crowns (Thank you to the very kind and generous ladies at Burger King I asked for 20 and they gave me 22 and insisted I not pay). I came home spray painted them gold and then bought stickers and jewels to decorate the crowns. The girls loved it, and the best part was our sweet speaker right down on the floor in her cute white pants and crown, helping and working with these girls. I hope the importance of this topic will resignate with these young sisters because every one of them is a Bee YOU tiful child of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment