Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Visiting Teaching (January)

Visiting Teaching Rule of Thumb.................
                                                      Contact your sister by the 5th, make an appointment by
                                                              the 10th, visit by the 15th and report by the 20th

DON"T BE A SHEEP IN WOLF CLOTHING!  Get out meet your sisters and be warm and welcoming.  Remember the Savior said "Feed my Sheep"

I LOVE Visiting Teaching, I truly have a testimony of it. I love the partners, sisters you visit and lasting relationships you can form.  I've vt an older sister who I thought was mean, but broke through those walls and she has taught me a lot.  I have visited inactive sisters who I chose just to show love and friendship to, some have returned to the church (probably not necessarily because of me, but I am sure the love and care didn't hurt) and I have been a partner with a 90 year old who became my very good friend.  I think we can form long and cherished bonds if we chose to MAGNIFY our callings even as a visiting teacher.  Take time to nurture those relationship.  Check in so you know what is happening in their lives, how little Billy did at baseball.  If Suzy got the scholarship she applied for. How Bonnie's mom's chemo went, or how the new exercise plan is going.  Just take TIME and show you care.  With texting and other forms of communication (FB, email, just a good ole fashion note or plate of cookies)  and not just when you need to fill the quota of getting it done so you can turn in your numbers.  But truly learning to love each sister.  I promise you will be blessed with a testimony of vt if you do.
                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment