Saturday, July 27, 2013

Entry way display board

For those who have been to my home know I like to change things around.  My husband comes home frequently to chairs, couches, pics and other home décor moved around.  I figure if I don't like it I'll change it back.
 
This was idea #1 and we kept it on our board for a long time.  It highlighted different people in our lives with our family members. (grandparents, cousins, family)
 
Next I did these fun letters and used $1 frames from Michael's. I spray painted the frames with a texture spray paint.  Then put photos in the collage photos. 
 
Now it's time for a change again. . .
 
 
1st:  Chipboard banner board (Dandelion Wishes $5.00)
        Cover each board with scrapbook paper.
        Cut letters with cricut
        attach 3-D sticker tape to the letters to give them dimension
       Use ribbon to string through and tie the board together.
        More ribbon to decorate by tying to the centers of the ribbon stringing the board together

 I draped it across the rod on my display board. 

2nd:  Picture frames.  I like to utilize what I have, so I used the frames from the previous board.  They 
         were $1 frames spray painted with texture paint.
        I purchased 4 3x3 wood frames from Michael's for $1.  These I covered with the same scrapbook
        paper I used on the banner board.  I glued and mod podged them to the frames.

I hung pics of each year we have been together as a family.  Starting with the dating stage, marriage, and then each year since.  The center point is an 11x14 photo we had taken recently.  It's been fun to make and look at my new board.  Who knows what I will think to do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment