Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

It's Valentines.  So what, that's kind of how I feel about it.  I love the cute candy and hearts and all the cute decor, but seriously what a cheesy holiday.  I prefer to celebrate our anniversary opposed to Valentines, then its more personal and not something EVERYONE is doing.  Well a few years ago after coming up with a plan we began a FAMILY Valentines tradition.  We have a family dinner complete with candlelight and "Cute" decorations and Papa Murphy's
Then I make some fun drink and we have a fun family night.  Now when I was little my mom always made Valentines so special for us kids.  She would surprise us with a knock on the door and some neat thing just for us.  That is a tradition we have continued with our kids.  It's nothing HUGE, but this year they are getting cute little tins with a cookie inside, and bath toys.  Hope yours is memorable and fun however you spend it.





No comments:

Post a Comment