Monday, January 9, 2012

Giving and Receiving

So last week my friend and I had a great idea.  More out of curiosity than anything we went to Bio Life to donate plasma.  I could not figure out why the first appointment was scheduled for 2 to 3 hours.  But after a quick check, a physical, and then my donation I got it.  You are with the NICEST people as they walk you through this procedure.  Once I was hooked up it took all of a half hour to donate.  I walked out of there $20 richer.  After chatting we decided we would like to do this twice a week.  So 2 days later I am back in a comfy chair hooked up and donating plasma.  You can read, talk on your phone,  look at your computer, or people watch.  I am amazed at the people coming and going.  So the 2nd visit I got an additional $10 for referring my sis and another $10 bonus as a 2nd time donor.  Yes I walked out of there with $55 in less than one hour.  My boys went to the clean and fun day care.  What an awesome place. Headed over today for another donation.  If you haven't tried it and think you might enjoy a little extra cash and don't mind needles . . . .GO!!!~

SCHEDULE ONLINE TODAY
http://www.biolifeplasma.com/EasyScheduler/index.go


A little explanation of what this process is all about:
So, maybe you're a little nervous about coming in for your first plasma donation.

The best way to overcome your fear is to understand what happens during the donation process.

Plasma is collected through a process called "plasmapheresis." When you come in to donate, a needle is placed in your vein and your blood is pumped into a specialized spinning device that separates the plasma from the other whole blood components, such as red and white blood cells and platelets. While the plasma is collected, the other blood components are filtered into a reservoir. Once the reservoir is full, your red and white blood cells and platelets are returned to your body.

Throughout the process, the system automatically alternates between collection and replacement until the predetermined amount of plasma, based on your weight, is obtained.

The tubing and all other collection supplies that come in contact with your blood are discarded and replaced with new, sterile materials each time a donation procedure is performed. Your blood never enters the machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment