Monday, October 10, 2011

Crazy Fall

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I just let my blog go, but I am ready to start again!  How about some soup recipes this week?  I spent my time last week making soups for the freezer. I  this time of year.  So here is your recipe #1 for this week:

BEEF CHILI
28 oz. Diced Tomatoes
1 TBS. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Season Salt
1 Grated onion
8 oz. Tomato Sauce
2 Cans Chili or black beans

Cook your burger with onion, drain, add tomatoes, seasonings, beans.  Simmer for 30 min.  Let cool completely and put in Gallon Size plastic FREEZER bags.  I do a quart which is 4 cups.  They freeze well and flat. 

When you want to eat you can: (1) Put Chili in freezer over night and let soften, (2) Place in a bowl of warm water or (3) place in microwave.  Just cook in pan until done, stirring frequently.

It is so fun to pull soup out of the freezer and have a healthy meal.  And. . . in an article about freezing food I read a myth:  Frozen food looses nutrients.  NOT TRUE, sometimes it gives more nutrients.  Happy EATING!~

1 comment: