Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Drain trouble again?

d older home.  I grew up in one, we remodeled one, and now we have
purchased a renovated one.
d the feel,
d the history,
d  memories
and
d the comfort that comes with older homes. They seem to fit our style PERFECTLY! But with older homes comes a few little issues. One that has plagued us is this.

Image Detail
this is not my sink by the way (YUCK)

After years of telling Kyle or my Dad the sink is backed up and getting the same “I am exhausted after a long day do I really have to pull out the plumbing snake and work on a stinky sink?” look I finally called in the big guns. I had a plumber come help me out in no time, (guess it helps to have the schooling and the equipment.) Anyway he did a fabulous job and gave me some very good instructions I want to pass a long. It is so simple too.

ONCE A MONTH PUT THE PLUG IN THE SINK AND FILL IT ALL THE WAY UP WITH HOT WATER. WHEN ITS FULL TURN ON THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL AND LET IT DRAIN. THIS OPENS THE PIPES AND CLEANS OUT GUNK. MINE HAPPENED TO BE HAIR LOOKING THINGS HE SAID WAS FIBERS AND OTHER THINGS FROM RAGS, ETC. SO ONCE A MONTH HE RECOMMENDED WHEN I GO VISITING TEACHING, TRY THIS RATHER YOUR HOME IS OLD OR NEW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment